Shinde Chhatri Pune :
Situated in Wanwadi in Pune, Shinde Chhatri is a commemoration devoted to the eighteenth century military pioneer Shri Mahadji Shinde who filled in as president under the Peshwas from 1760s to the 1780s.. Flanked by Bhairoba stream on the right, the commanding landmark stands tall as a journal and reminiscent of the affair Maratha period. The commemoration otherwise known as the ‘chhatri’ which means umbrella, is arranged ideal alongside an antiquated Shiva sanctuary and gloats of Anglo-Rajasthani engineering with carvings on dark and yellow stone. The focal corridor is the incineration purpose of the Mahadji Shinde who was incinerated here on the twelfth of February, 1794 CE.
The fundamental segment is encased in 15 feet tall solid strongholds and brags of mind boggling design. Till 1794 CE, the complex just comprised of a sanctuary cherished by Lord Shiva that was built by Mahadji Shinde himself around the same time that he passed away. In 1965, a commemoration for example a samadhi was developed for the president by the descendents and successors of Mahadji Shinde-Shrimant Maharaja Madhavrao Scindia of Gwalior and Daulat Rao Scindia of Gwalior. The chhatri was developed after the Vaasthu rules. Today, the landmark is overseen by Shinde Devasthan Trust, Gwalior regardless it brags of abundant design, expound shaded window boards, pillared lobbies and cut roofs and so on.